Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving and a Quick Getaway

Okay, so I gave up on the thankful days.  But that doesn't mean I'm not thankful! I'm so grateful for the night that Chris and I got to get away together.  It was awesome! And Evie did great with her first sleepover at her grandma and grandpa's house! Seriously, for anyone with a baby or a baby on the way... Plan a couple's day.  Just time for you and your spouse.  When a baby enters the family, marriage changes completely.  Honestly, our marriage has never required so much effort as it does now that Evie is here.  It's not a bad thing, but we have to be more intentional in our time with each other.  The best thing you can do for your baby is to love your spouse, so don't feel guilty about making time for just the two of you.

 I'm also thankful for the time we got to spend with family on Thanksgiving.  We didn't do anything super special or out of the ordinary, but we thoroughly enjoyed each other's company.  There are now four great-grandchildren (and another on the way), so the house was always buzzing with activity.  There were toys scattered all over the floor, constant crying from one baby or another, and three highchairs at the dinner table.  It was wonderful.

 Finally, I'm thankful for the love of my Savior, the One to whom I give the thanks for all of these wonderful blessings.  His love and grace are undeserved, but He gives them so freely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment