Saturday, November 3, 2012

A (Sad) Thankful Heart - Day 3

About two weeks after I had Evie, a girl from my high school had her first baby - a boy.  He was born with some heart complications, giving his family a very rocky start to parenthood.  He had several heart surgeries and procedures to try and correct the problem.  (I am very good friends with her cousin, who goes to my church.) This morning, I found out that this adorable baby boy passed away unexpectedly.  I don't know all the details, but I can't even imagine the sense of loss and devastation that they are experiencing at this very difficult time. 

After the initial shock, it occurred to me that I am not guaranteed tomorrow with my sweet baby girl.  I wasn't planning to post about how thankful I am for her until later in the month, but today's events have changed my mind. 

I'm thankful for the privilege to even be her mother.  I wasn't sure that we'd ever be blessed with a baby  of our own, but she has fulfilled that longing in my heart.  I'm thankful for her drooly smiles, her heart-warming giggles, her happy babbles, and her curious personality.  I'm also thankful for the long nights, messy diapers, frustrating feedings, and lengthy crying spells.  Yes, these things can be draining, but they are simply reminders that I am a mama to an amazing daughter.

.  



Thank you, Lord, for the incredible blessing of our beautiful baby girl.  Thank you for entrusting her into our care.  Help us to be parents who model what it means to passionately pursue You.  Help us to love her the way that You have loved us as your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment