Friday, November 9, 2012

A Thankful Heart - Days 8 & 9

Yep, doing two things since I forgot yesterday. Fail. 

Today, I am thankful for times of solitude and silence.  Being so very introverted, I am completely refreshed after some alone time.  I look forward to long car rides because I know I'll get the opportunity to just sit and think and just be.  Now that we have a baby, those times are a bit more few and far between.  That's okay.  In fact, it makes them all the more meaningful, and it makes me so much more thankful for them.

I am also thankful for times of utter chaos and stress.  (Hey, being thankful for them doesn't mean I enjoy them.)  I often worry so much over things that end up being very petty and small in light of eternity.  Each of these times helps me to grow as a person and as a follower of Christ.  I am learning to rely on Him during times of struggle, confusion, and stress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment