Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Thankful Heart - Days 5 & 6

I knew it wouldn't be long before I got a little behind with these, so today I'm giving two things for which I'm thankful.  First I'm thankful for my incredible family.  My mom has always been my biggest cheerleader and my greatest support.  She is funny but can be serious when it's necessary.  She's been such a great mom to both my brother and myself.

My brother and I didn't get along very well when we were younger, but I truly believe that we have become good friends.  He has been there for me during some rough times when I really needed it.  He's an incredibly hard worker, and I admire him for that.

Secondly, I am so thankful today to live in a country where we have the right to vote.  More than that, I am thankful for the other freedoms we have - freedom of speech, freedom to pray... the list goes on.  These are freedoms that are denied to many around the world.  No matter what the outcome of the election is, I am proud (and thankful) to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment