Friday, August 2, 2013

the "n word"

Well, it finally happened.  Evie learned to say the word "no."

I knew it would be coming soon because she has already mastered the art of shaking her head from side to side when she is unhappy about something.  Then, a few days ago, I said to her, "Can I have a kiss?" And she simply said, "No," and walked away.

And it has been her favorite word ever since.

I actually find it to be humorous and even kind of cute because I'm not sure that she completely understands what it means.  For example, if I offer her a sippy cup of milk and say, "Do you want your milk?" she will tell me no but then gladly take it from me.  

It really amazes me how quickly she is learning and growing.  It seems like the baby days are getting further and further behind us with toddlerhood just ahead.  I love seeing her explore and try new things, but there is a part of me that misses her little baby self.  I'm excited though to watch her grow into the beautiful girl she is already becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment