Friday, July 26, 2013

it's time

I never in a million years expected that I would fall victim to postpartum depression.  And yet, it hit me hard and fast, leaving me feeling lost in the sea of motherhood.  I waited for it to go away.  When it didn't, I finally talked to my doctor about getting help.  Since then, I've been taking an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication every day.

Here I am now, over one year later, still fighting this battle daily.  The raw edge has certainly been dulled by the medication, but it is not enough.  I still struggle.

It's time to get help.

I'm looking into seeing a therapist and possibly joining a support group.  Just saying those things makes me feel so very nervous and even embarrassed.  But the truth is, this is long overdue.  I need healing.

It's time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for taking this step. I'll be praying for healing. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete