Friday, May 17, 2013

not so baby

My baby is not really a baby anymore.

I've been thinking about this often as of late because Evie recently turned one.  In the last two months, she has started walking, communicating more, and demonstrating a lot of independence.  Girl is stubborn! But I know that can be channeled for good things in her future.

My little bean isn't so little anymore either.  Her chubby legs hang over the edge of her car seat, which is now much too heavy to tote around with her strapped in.  She can reach things on our kitchen table, and she has even started trying to climb onto the furniture by herself.

What a difference a year makes.

Sometimes I miss the baby days when I could pop her in my sling and feel her snuggled close to me.  I miss us snoozing together on the couch after a long night.  But I'm so excited to see what kind of person she's going to become.  It's scary too because I know that she is always watching me, modeling my behaviors, and picking up on my habits.  And I'm not always worthy of being modeled.  But I hope that we will continue to grow and learn together as a family.  May we have grace with her as I hope she will with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment