Friday, April 5, 2013

knock on wood

Everyone has been getting sick lately.  Really sick.  The flu has been especially bad this year, and several people we know have also had a rough stomach bug.  Week after week, I'd hear of babies coming down with illnesses.  Luckily, we've been very fortunate with Evie.  Besides some teething pain and a very mild virus, she's been healthy.

Until now.  (Did I forget to knock on wood?)

My poor baby has a fever, congestion, and a runny nose.  I can hear her chest congestion when she breathes.  And she's acting sick.

Before her, I never truly understood when parents would talk about how hard it was to see their kids sick, how they wished they could trade places with them.  I get it now.  I want so badly for her to feel better.  I've disinfected all her toys with white vinegar.  I've been diligent about putting essential oils on her feet and chest, as well as in her humidifier and bath water.  And of course, I've cuddled her.

I just want her to feel better again.

No comments:

Post a Comment