Wednesday, April 24, 2013

away away

It's 1:41 am.  I'm sitting alone in bed by the dim light coming from the hall in a house that is more messy than it ever should be.  Chris is in Evie's room giving her a bottle and some extra cuddles.  She's been waking for bottles at night lately... a growth spurt, perhaps.  And in a few short hours, Chris will be high above us in the clouds on his way to the sunshiney South. 

And we will be here. 

I always hate the leaving, the goodbyes.  Even if it's just for a very short time.  We are better together, always.  

I think a lot of it stems from our long distance relationship/engagement days when I was away at school in Tennessee.  I can't even describe how awful it was to say goodbye to my love.  It ached, physically, in my whole being.  

I still feel part of that pain when we're separated.  As silly as it may sound, I even feel a twinge of it each day when Chris leaves for work.  I love him.  I wish we could always be together.  All the time.

We're better together.

No comments:

Post a Comment