Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sickies

I was really hoping we were going to beat the odds and avoid all of the yucky sickness that is spreading like wildfire around here these days.

We made it to February. So close.

Actually, I shouldn't really complain.  The flu has been ruthless this season, especially in our church.  People have been down and out for a week or more.  Families have passed it back and forth.  Yuck.  On top of that, the Norovirus (stomach flu) is also running rampant.  So many people are sick.

So far, we have been fortunate enough to avoid these nasty bugs.  But now, Chris is pretty sick.  It seems to be a sinus infection, so I'm really praying it's that over the flu.  I'm also really hoping that Everlyn doesn't get it.  

For now, we are hunkering down in our house with vitamin C drops, a neti pot, and tea tree oil.  I'm also trying to disinfect our surfaces with hydrogen peroxide and vinegar, which supposedly kills more germs than bleach.  (I don't like bleach - it's so harsh!)

Anyway, I hope everyone is staying healthy.  If not, get better soon - and don't forget to wash your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment