Monday, February 18, 2013

backtrack

I'm feeling a little guilty about some of the things I posted last night. 

Let me say, no matter what, I love my husband. Very much.  And in general, I love what we do.  I love our church, and I especially love love love the great group of students with whom we work.  Seriously, they are the best.  Top notch.

There are also so many positive sides to my husband's job.  His schedule is somewhat flexible.  When I was pregnant, he was able to come to all of our prenatal appointments.  How awesome is that? Plus, it's really great to know that he's doing what he loves.  Not many people can say that these days.  

I know there are plenty of other jobs that are so much more demanding in terms of time.  I can never imagine being a military wife or a doctor's wife.  Never.  But it's not always so much about the time or schedule.  Sure, that can be hard for us sometimes.  But I think the biggest struggle for me lately has been the emotional commitment.  Even when Chris is not at work, he is often working.  Whether it's answering emails, responding to text messages, editing videos, or prepping for the services, it seems like he is constantly doing something for his job.  And that can be taxing on him.  Most nights, he is asleep or nearly asleep shortly after 9:00.  

My "love language" is quality time, by far.  So even when Chris is home, I am easily frustrated when he is focused on work instead of just being with us.  (Much of this is something I need to work on - I know.)  But I guess I just felt like I needed to clarify some things from my last post.  I hope I didn't come across as ungrateful or rude.  I didn't mean it that way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment