Friday, March 15, 2013

baby pancakes

This morning, I made Evie some baby pancakes for breakfast.  We've been slowly introducing more self-feeding meals, so I was excited to try this.  I adapted the recipe from our Baby Bullet recipe book.  She loved them! Here's the recipe as it is in the book:

1 cup flour
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup formula/breast milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Combine all ingredients to proper consistency.  Spray skillet and heat.   Cook until golden brown.  Cut into bite-sized pieces.


I initially made this recipe, but it seemed very thick and a bit bland.  I added a little bit of vanilla, coconut oil, and a few spoonfuls of applesauce, which made them even better!  I served Evie's with diced strawberries.  I'll bet they'd be good with some yogurt, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment