Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Liebster Award



My dearest friend Alyssa nominated my little corner of the internet for the Liebster Award! So humbling - I wasn't even sure that people read this thing.  Thanks Alyssa! Check out her sweet blog here.

Alright, the rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:

  1. List 11 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left
  3. Ask 11 new questions for those you nominate
  4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
  5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
  6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog

So... 11 Random Facts about Me:
1.) I went to the same small private school from Kindergarten until 12th grade! Although it didn't have as much to offer as a large public school, my class of 22 literally became a second family to me during those years.  Nothing beats that.

2.) I met my love when we were only babes! I was 17, and he was 19.  We were engaged when I was 19, married when I was 20, and pregnant when I was 21... whew!  

3.)  My baby girl Everlyn is the song of my heart.  Motherhood has surely been the most difficult thing I have ever done, but it is also the most meaningful.

4.) I love the feeling of putting on a brand new pair of knee socks.  So wonderful! 

5.) Spiders are my greatest fear, followed closely by lice, which I have thankfully never had.

6.) I love to learn.  I didn't realize how much I loved learning until after I had graduated college.  As much as I don't miss homework and all-nighters, I just miss the chance to learn and ask questions of those who are experts in their fields!

7.) I am sooo indecisive.  Even once I make a decision, I second-guess myself and often change my mind. 

8.) The sound of a summer rain is the most soothing sound to me.

9.) I hardly ever paint my fingernails, and I prefer to keep them very short.  However, I don't bite my nails.  I have soft teeth and hard nails - this is my life, haha.

10.) I look forward to long drives because it gives me the opportunity for uninterrupted thought.  I'm such an introvert, so I love to just think to myself in solitude.

11.) The thought/sight of blood makes me woozy.  I even fainted and puked in second grade after I got a paper cut.



Now, the 11 questions I have been asked:
1.) If you could change your name to anything what would it be?
Hmm... this is a tough one.  If you would have asked me when I was 5, I would've said Kimberly since that was the name of the pink power ranger.  I obviously love the name Everlyn, but since that's too predictable, I'll go with Adeline.  Or maybe Remy.

2.) What do you like most about where you live?
I love that our part of Michigan is so close to so many different lifestyles.  Want to spend time in the city? Detroit is only 20 minutes away.  How about the country? Head north and you'll find wide open spaces, farmland, and small towns.  Not to mention, Canada isn't too far either. 

3.) What is your favorite kind of music? 
I don't know if I have a favorite "kind" per say.  I love acoustic-y sounding songs.  I like music with lyrics to which I can relate.  But you might also find me belting some One Direction - not because I love it, but because it's so catchy.

4.) What do you cherish most in your relationships?
Two things - time and acceptance.  If you want to be close to me, you've got to spend quality time with me.  And I love the kind of people who I don't feel like I need to quickly pick up my house for or put on trendy clothes if they are going to come over.  I just want someone who comes to be with me - no judgments.  Even if that means I'm wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. 

5.) What is your most favorite memory?
Oh, I don't think I can pick just one favorite.  My high school Senior trip to Florida is up there, along with our wedding.  I think the top one I can think of right now is when I told Chris I was pregnant.  It was super early in the morning, and I just ran in the bedroom, shook him awake, and said, "Chris - I'm pregnant!" The look on his face was priceless.

6.) Is there a language you would like to learn, if so what language?
Yes! Two, actually - Spanish and Italian. Oh, and sign language. I really want to learn that.

7.) Who has been the most influential person in your life? 
My youth pastor's wife, Amber.

8.) What is your favorite quote or saying?
There are many, but I often find myself repeating, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." It's so true.

9.) Ideal pet?
Llama named Babydoll.

10.) Why did you start a blog?
Oh... honestly, I didn't have a good reason when I started, other than I wanted to remember the special moments in life that are so fleeting.  But now, I think everyone has a story.  Their story.  And each story is worth sharing.  We're better together - we can learn from each other, help each other grow, challenge each other, and relate to the things that other people go through.  Everyone has a story to tell.

11.) Favorite museum ?
I honestly haven't been to many museums. How about the zoo? It's a... museum of animals. :)



My Questions for You:
1. If you could switch places with anyone for a day, who would you choose?
2. Favorite season and why
3. Who is your greatest role model? (And don't say Jesus.)
4. What is one thing you hope the next generation will change?
5. If you had to live every day in the same pair of shoes, what shoes would you pick?
6. How many children do you hope to have? (And do you have names picked out?)
7. What are three words you would hope someone would use to describe you? 
8. What is your worst habit?
9. What is your favorite scent?
10. In one sentence, what do you believe is the purpose of life?
11. If you could excel in any special skill or talent, what would you choose?


Now I nominate:
Keilah Keilah Joyce
Amber Village Casa
Kate Love's Path
Lisa Momma Rance's Journal
Missy My Scarlet Baby
A Remember All The Way
Jessica Be Still And Smile
Melissa Banking On It
Elizabeth Truth: A Mosaic of Revelations
Holly Holly's Talking Hands
Emilie Capturing This Lifesong

Happy blogging! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the nomination!

    It was interesting to read all of your questions, I had to wonder aloud to myself if you might be a Pisces. I have a similar outlook on a lot of those things. And also, for being as young as you are, you seem quite aware and insightful. Or maybe I was just a total meathead at your age, and most are that mature. :) (that was supposed to be a compliment, really.)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm actually an Aquarius, but I don't know what all that may mean, haha. And don't worry, I totally took that as a compliment :)

    ReplyDelete