Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Indian Summer

What a most lovely day.  Lots of sunshine, beautiful Autumn colors, and a breath of Summer warmth.    It was literally perfect.  I wish I could've been outside all day.  Chris and I did enjoy a wonderful outdoor lunch together while Evie was napping.  It was so refreshing.


Evie had her lunch outside, too.  (Yes, she was still in her PJs.  Mom fail.)

I took Evie for a walk this afternoon.  I even went barefoot - that's how warm it was!  I was thinking about how much I enjoyed Fall weather like this.  And then I started feeling sad because I knew that Winter will soon be here.  The days will be very cold and short.  The growth and beauty of the outdoors will be masked with white.  Even though Winter comes with great times of family and celebration, it leaves me longing for Summer and sunshine.  

And then I got to thinking... as much as I dislike Winter, I need to appreciate it.  Why?  Because Winter is what makes Summer so wonderful.

Think about it - if it was sunny and 75 every day, we would not truly recognize how great the season of Summer is!  In the same way that death is what makes life meaningful, Winter is what makes Summer beautiful. So thanks, Winter, for working so hard to make Summer look good.

And now, a few pictures from this beautiful day.








No comments:

Post a Comment