Saturday, December 15, 2012

Those Precious Babies

I don't want to talk too much about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting yesterday, but I feel like I have to at least recognize what a tragic event it was.  

We don't normally watch TV around here (we don't even have cable), but I was glued to the screen all day yesterday as every channel covered the horrible story in Connecticut.  The world lost 20 precious children far too soon.  There are parents who will not celebrate this Christmas, but instead mourn the sudden loss of their babies.  Family members will grieve for the teachers and staff who lost their lives in the line of fire.  

I just can't wrap my mind around it.

The whole day, all I could do was think of my Evie.  How would I feel if she was the victim of such a horrible act? My heart broke into a million pieces just thinking about it.  I can not imagine what those parents and families are going through.  

Hug your loved ones.  Never go to bed angry.  We are not guaranteed our tomorrows.

"It's a good world gone real bad, and only Love can bring it back."

No comments:

Post a Comment